A home for Mom and her Two Boys
This unique design has the following features custom fit to this family:
- 2 lofts, which incorporates 3 bedrooms.
- The teenager has his own loft, just under 7 feet in depth
- Mom and her 4 year old son share extra deep 14 foot loft with 2 bedrooms. The back half is for mom and half of the front half is for the 4-year-old, leaving him some play-space just outside his bedroom.
- As usual all the kitchen cabinetry is handmade and the countertops are solid birch as well as the open shelves in the kitchen.
- The closed-in staircase offers lots of storage with small trinket drawers on the steps as well.
- All of the drawer and cabinet door pulls are custom made and each is unique.
- The bathroom features a 4 1/2 foot cast iron claw foot tub, the bathroom vanity is Savannah’s grandfather’s dresser which her father then used and then she used as a child. It is now a permanent fixture in her home.
- The Bathroom also features exposed copper piping as well as antique tin plate ceiling.
- The door to the bathroom is a door that Savannah provided for her unique tiny home build.
- The front entrance door is made from clear Douglas fir.
- The house is also equipped with a washer dryer, Waterless toilet, and in floor heating with hot water on demand.
The house is now residing in the Turner Valley area in southern Alberta.